Keeping Rugs looking Great
You’ve chosen a statement rug to complement the gorgeous interior you have designed for your client. But to retain that statement status it needs to continue to look great.
A little judicious maintenance can keep it in tip top condition:
- Vacuum regularly – just like carpet, rugs need regular and thorough vacuuming to remove dust and dirt.
- Loose threads – trim any loose threads close to the rug surface with a pair of small sharp embroidery scissors. This will ensure threads do not get caught in the vacuum cleaner.
- Stain removal – treat any accidents as soon as possible after they occur. If the rug is from one of our carpet ranges please refer to the cleaning guide for the specific carpet. Remember to blot not rub, and always use a plain white cloth or kitchen paper to reduce the risk of colour transfer.
- Full clean – if the rug requires a full clean do not try washing at home. Contact a professional carpet cleaning company for advice and treatment.
- Shake the rug – if size allows it is a good idea to give it a good shake outside to remove loose dust and hair. Brush off any loose pet hair and vacuum as soon as possible to avoid it getting embedded in the rug.
- Rotation – if the design of the rug allows you should rotate the rug regularly to reduce wear or bleaching from UV light in any one area.
- Choose wisely – ensure that any rugs in high traffic areas are suitable for hard wear, to ensure longevity.
If you would like any additional support or guidance on rugs, please contact us on 020 8992 9788. We would be delighted to help you.